Thursday, January 12, 2017

Peace in the Face of Opposition

2016-01-12 Today’s Reading: Genesis 29-30, Luke 12

Title: “Peace in the Face of Opposition”
Topic: Peace


SCRIPTURE: Luke 12:11-12

Jesus says…
11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

OBSERVATION:
Two things strike me about this passage:

- First, when you take a stand for Jesus Christ, it is almost a forgone conclusion that you will face opposition by some kind of “authorities.” Don’t be surprised when opposition comes, because it will!

- Secondly, Don’t worry about it— “What will I do? How should I defend myself? What should I say?” Jesus says, “do not worry about it” (v. 11).


APPLICATION:
As we are living in the Lord; as we are serving the Lord; as we are proclaiming Him, we should be experiencing His joy and resting in His peace. When opposition comes against me for His name’s sake, He will be my defender. I do not need to rehearse a pre-planned defense or occupy my mind with “what if” scenarios. I may rest assured that when the time comes, the Holy Spirit will show me what to say.


PRAYER:
Thank You Lord for the joy I have in serving You. Help me to always put my trust in You and to rest peacefully in Your care. I thank You for the many times I have already experienced the enlightenment of Your Holy Spirit with the words to say in various situations. When opposition comes, may I continually trust in Your help, as I dedicate myself to Your service. Through Christ, Amen. -AP

No comments: