Friday, January 27, 2017

My Calling

Today’s Bible Reading:  Exodus 17-20, Acts 3
Topic: Calling



SCRIPTURE:  Exodus 18:13-23 (particularly verses 19 & 20)

19 "...STAND BEFORE GOD FOR THE PEOPLE, so that you may BRING THE DIFFICULTIES TO GOD.
20 And you shall TEACH them the statutes and the laws and SHOW them the way in which they must walk and the work they must do.
(Ex 18:19-20 NKJV – emphasis mine)


OBSERVATION:

Three key callings to me as a pastor are given here:
1) I am to intercede in prayer for the people in my care.
2) I am to teach them the Word of God.
3) I am to mentor others to take leadership.


APPLICATION:

This whole passage in which Moses' father-in-law Jethro advises him is another place in God's Word of His calling to me:
- Teamwork in ministry
- Develop leaders
- Equip leaders
- Release leaders
Equipping the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ. (Eph 4:12)

My mission and the mission of the church is to...
- ...REACH the lost and hurting (outreach)
- ...REGARD people with love and care (nurture and charity)
- ...READY believers to do the work of the ministry (teach, mentor, coach, show)
- ...RELEASE disciples to do the work they are called to do (let them do it, teamwork)


PRAYER:


Lord, help me to fulfill this calling more effectively day by day, week by week, year by year until You come again or call me home. Amen.  -AP

No comments: