Sunday, January 22, 2017

Do Not Delay to Obey

Today’s Bible Reading:  Exodus 3-5, Luke 22
Topic: Obedience



SCRIPTURE:  Exodus 4:24-25

24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the LORD met him (Moses) and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses' feet, and said, "Surely you are a husband of blood to me!"
(Ex 4:24-25 NKJV)


OBSERVATION:

Evidently, Moses had failed to follow the command of the Lord regarding circumcision with his own son. He is about to depart as God's spokesman to deliver and lead the children of Israel, yet he has not even complied with this basic requirement of God. Well, God dramatically gets the message across. I wonder why Zipporah does the circumcision rather than Moses himself? Perhaps it was Zipporah who had resisted the circumcision; it would not have been the practice of her people. Whatever the reasons, now to save her husband's life she begrudgingly complies.


APPLICATION:

The lesson to me from this passage is to never put off or delay in doing what God commands me to do.


PRAYER:

Lord, help me to hear and understand Your commands to me clearly, and give me the strength and resolve to comply without delay. Through Jesus Christ.  Amen.  -AP


No comments: