Thursday, January 26, 2017

Opened Eyes

Today’s Bible Reading:  Exodus 14-16, Acts 2
Topic: Faith



SCRIPTURE:  Exodus 14:20

So it (the pillar of cloud) came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one, and it gave light by night to the other, so that the one did not come near the other all that night. (Ex 14:20 NKJV)


OBSERVATION:

To the Egyptians the presence of God, manifested by the pillar of cloud, created darkness; to the Israelites, it provided light. This incident was by all means a supernatural phenomenon—darkness to one and light to the other. But I wonder if what is described here and seen in the physical realm is not also a picture of reality in the spiritual realm. God is omnipresent yet those without faith, who do not believe in Him, remain in darkness. The Light is present but they still do not see. It is as though lack of faith is a closed eyelid, like a puppy before its eyes are opened.


APPLICATION:

I must not sleep spiritually. I must not be an immature puppy spiritually. I must exercise my faith and thus keep my eyes opened.


PRAYER:


I pray that the Light will dispel the darkness which holds so many captive. May they come to believe and by faith have their eyes opened. In Jesus' name.  Amen.  -AP

No comments: