Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pay It Forward

Today’s Bible Reading:  Judges 11-12; Psalm 50; 2 Corinthians 1
Topic: Comfort



SCRIPTURE:  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
(2 Cor 1:3-4 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

When troubles come our way, as they inevitably do, we can turn to God and receive comfort. This passage does not speak of deliverance from our troubles, though at times He can and does rescue us, even miraculously. But whether or not we see His deliverance from our distress, we may always know His comfort in the midst of it. Having received the blessing of His comfort provides us the opportunity for a double blessing in that we are then equipped to offer comfort to others through whatever trails they may be going through.


APPLICATION:

Sometimes the troubles I face are the result of my own sin or foolishness. Sometimes afflictions are thrust upon me through no fault of my own. Maybe someone else has done a wrong against me; perhaps I have fallen ill or an accident has struck me. Whether it is because of my own stupidity or not, God is gracious to see me through it if I turn to Him.


PRAYER:

May I realize Your strength and compassion O Lord.

Through Christ. Amen.  -AP

No comments: