Sunday, April 30, 2017

Our Daily Burden Bearer

Today’s Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading:
Topic: Trust In God



SCRIPTURE:  Psalm 68:19

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. (Ps 68:19 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

From this short verse I receive great encouragement. I discover that God is not just my Savior from my sins; He does not just save me for eternal life in Heaven, but He is also my Savior from the burdens I face here on Earth. I am especially struck by the word “daily” in this verse. Every day of one’s life will contain different circumstances and challenges that will need to be confronted. Some will be more severe than others; some even extreme. But we are assured that “God our Savior” bears the burdens each and every day.


APPLICATION:

Sometimes I get walloped by happenings that send me reeling. Sometimes I experience a harsh burden that continues for many days in succession. Though it is hard to feel that the Lord has all in hand, I must trust that God my Savior is bearing my burdens daily.


PRAYER:

Lord, give me wisdom for each day to do the part I am called to do, and the ability to be at peace with Your bearing of the rest. Through Christ alone. Amen.  –AP

No comments: