Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Strength in Weakness

Today’s Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2-3; 2 Corinthians 12

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading:
Topic: Power



SCRIPTURE:  2 Corinthians 12:9

But he (the Lord) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor 12:9 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

“Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so… I am weak but He is strong…” the children’s song is so true. When we are obediently doing what the Lord has called us to do, we need not rely on our own strength, but may trust that His grace will be sufficient to accomplish His will in and through us. In fact, when we try to operate by our own power we will be less successful. It is when we give all our efforts to Him that He is able to bring His strength to bear. But the more control I keep, the less His power may be manifested. Therefore, in my weakness, my power to accomplish His will is made effective and perfect.


APPLICATION:

The question is not whether or not I should use the abilities God has given me. Yes, I should utilize the talents entrusted to me. The question is: On whose strength am I relying?


PRAYER:


Lord, may I ever trust in Your strength alone. Through Christ. Amen.  -AP

No comments: