Tuesday, April 11, 2017

USA Warning

Today’s Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 11-12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading:
Topic: Fear of the Lord



SCRIPTURE:  1 Samuel 12:24-25

24 Be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. 25 Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will be swept away. (1 Sam 12:24-25 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

This was a stern warning to the nation of Israel then and to godly nations today. The United States, for most of our 240+ years as a nation, has been a God-fearing Christian nation; and God has blessed and prospered us. Today our Christian heritage is being progressively subverted. Evil is on the rise and abounding. Our king (government leadership) rejects and turns God away from our public discourse with ever increasing frequency. Our educators have perverted didactic truth for political dogma. Our people have been systematically turned away from the One true God to serve other gods even if they do not call them gods. In the name of progressivism we are ever more digressing and I fear the USA is in danger of being “swept away.”


APPLICATION:

My allegiance is to God and I am a patriotic citizen of the United States of America. As a Christian leader not only in my church but in my community, I must encourage, and I must vigilantly encourage others, to know, honor and serve the Lord faithfully. I must pray fervently and effectively for my country.


PRAYER:


Lord, I pray for the United States of America. I not only pray “God bless America,” I also pray “God save America.” Send wide sweeping renewal and affection for You to our land, that the USA may continue to realize Your blessings. In the name of Christ Jesus, God the Son I pray. Amen.  -AP

No comments: