Sunday, June 4, 2017

A Man After God’s Heart

Today’s Bible Reading:  Proverbs 28-29; Romans 16

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading:
Topic: Repentance



SCRIPTURE:  Genesis 1:27-28

He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. (Prov 28:13 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

As I am writing this journal entry I am in San Francisco for the ICFG (International Church of the Foursquare Gospel) convention - June 4, 2004. ICFG president, Paul Risser (who recently resigned) stood before the convention body (about 3500 Foursquare ministers and delegates) to repent and ask for forgiveness. What a tremendous example of this scripture. By confessing and repenting, Paul Risser certainly received mercy – even a reception in his honor as outgoing president. People, for the most part, are so ready to show mercy if only one will one will be truly humble and contrite.    


APPLICATION:

May I ever follow this example of being like David, a man after God’s own heart—hiding nothing, repenting fully and quickly when and if I stumble, and asking for forgiveness.


PRAYER:

Lord, I pray that transgressions would be far from me, but when I do transgress may my repentance be quick and Your mercy swift. In Jesus’ name. Amen.  -AP

No comments: