Wednesday, May 10, 2017

In God I Trust

Today’s Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27
Topic: Trust



SCRIPTURE:  Psalm 56:3-4

3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you (God).
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? (Ps 56:3-4 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

This is the official motto of the United States of America, “In God We Trust.” King David relied on this declaration of faith long before the USA. I love the honesty and acknowledgment by David that he does experience fear (“When I am afraid.”), and the will to set fear aside by the decision to trust in God (“I will not be afraid), because my trust is in God.


APPLICATION:                                        

When I experience fear for whatever reason, whether it is fear for my health and well being or that of my loved ones, whether it is fear at doing poorly at my job, whether it is fear for my country or the state of the world, may I remember to make this declaration of faith like David—“In God I Trust.”


PRAYER:

Lord, I submit my concerns and will to You.
Through Christ. Amen.  –AP


No comments: