Sunday, March 19, 2017

Prove to be Faithful

Today’s Bible Reading:  Joshua 3-6; 1 Corinthians 4
Topic: Faithfulness



SCRIPTURE:  1 Corinthians 4:2

2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
(1 Cor 4:2 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

In the context of this verse, the Apostle Paul has stated that he and other Christian leaders have been entrusted by God as servants of Christ to bring lucidity to the “secret things of God” (v. 1). Having accepted that calling, they are then required to show themselves to be faithful of that trust—faithful to God and to those they have been entrusted to lead.


APPLICATION:

As one who has accepted the calling of my Lord to ministry, this admonition speaks directly to me. I must be faithful to my calling, and those to whom I have been called to be a servant leader must be able to recognize that faithfulness in me. I will not be without flaws. How I choose to serve and teach may not always be without mistakes. Of greater importance, however, is that my honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and faithfulness be unquestionable. 


PRAYER:

Lord, thank You for the trust You have placed in me. May I ever be worthy of that trust. Through Christ. Amen.  -AP


No comments: