Thursday, August 3, 2017

Here Come de Judge

August 3
Today’s Bible Reading:  Nahum 1-3; John 5

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading: 
Topic: Judgment



SCRIPTURE:  John 5:22

The Son of God informs us…

…the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son. (John 5:22 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

We know that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One God. They are co-equal, co-eternal, co-divine. They are He—the One and only God. Yet, as a human being who has personally come to know, love and worship the One God, I find it heartening that the place of judgment has been given to the Son. He, who became flesh and lived and died as one of the human beings He created, knows first hand the frailties and temptations flesh is heir to. He as God and man is the perfectly understanding and just judge.


APPLICATION:

Knowing that the all-knowing God understands me better than I know myself is comforting to me. Knowing that He knows my heart and knows I have believed in and received Him gives me peace. Knowing He loves me so much that He gave himself to human death for me leaves me with no fear of judgment.


PRAYER:

I thank and praise You God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for giving me meaningful life and doubtless love. The glory of Your judgment is wondrous and You have made me unafraid to stand before You. In Christ Jesus. Amen.  -AP


No comments: