Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Man of God

August 8
Today’s Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 1-2; John 10

Journal Entry on a passage from today’s reading: 
Topic: Obedience



SCRIPTURE:  Jeremiah 1:17-19

17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land — against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
(Jer 1:17-19 NIV)


OBSERVATION:

The fictional superhero Superman is called the invincible man of steel. Here the man of God is called “an iron pillar and a bronze wall.” I once heard a Christian leader say, “The man of God is invincible until God is finished with him.” On first hearing that I thought the statement was at once arrogant and fatalistic. However, when you consider it, it is indeed true. Just as God told Jeremiah that as long as he was obedient to speak what God told him to say, he had nothing to fear, God would uphold and protect him.


APPLICATION:

If I will live in such closeness to my God so as to know clearly His voice (see John 10 of today’s reading), and if I will be unwaveringly obedient to His voice, no enemy will conquer me; no obstacle will stop me; no harm will come to me. I will be invincible until my created purpose is complete. Then I get to go live with Him.


PRAYER:

Lord grant me such clarity, courage and commitment in my life.
Through Christ. Amen.  -AP


No comments: